Some of you might know that my wife and I are planning to quit our jobs at the end of this year and travel the world together.
Following on from my last post about Dropbox changing my photos, I noticed a new exif field of “Image Unique ID” embedded by Dropbox in the image.
When Google announced their new Photos tools I decided to give it a go and see what Google’s machine learning could extract from my 83,292 photos stretching back 15 years. I’m sure you know that Google are offering “unlimited” and “free” storage for photos so long as you allow them to optimize your photos. I’m happy with the trade-off in quality as I already manage an archive of full resolution (or so I thought) photos via f-spot and have backup arrangements for it.
Work has a pair of OpenLDAP servers which are in a standard master / slave synchronized setup. While preparing for some updates I checked that the LDAP servers where syncing correctly and discovered that the slave hadn’t updated in over 6 months!
This weekend while I was patching and rebooting KVM systems for Venom I took the opportunity to apply Microsoft’s latest Exchange Cumulative Update 8 work’s Exchange server.